Due to unforeseen circumstances, we must occasionally move a member to a vehicle other than the one originally reserved. We understand how disruptive this can be and will notify our members of the adjustment to their booking as soon as we become aware of an issue.
When your reservation is moved due to issues outside of your control you will always pay the lower price between the two vehicles.
Some things we will prioritise when moving reservations:
- Keep the same start time, end time, and location of the reservation
- If a specialised vehicle is reserved, such as a Zipvan, we will always try to move the reservation into the same or similar type of vehicle
- If the same vehicle type is not available, we will move the reservation to the nearest available car
If this move doesn’t work for you
If your new vehicle or location doesn’t work for you and you’d like to move to a different vehicle, then please give us a call on 0333 240 9000 and we will try to find another car that is more suitable to your needs.
You can always cancel the reservation and have it refunded, as long as its within our Cancellation and Amendment Policies window. Feel free to give us a call on 0333 240 9000 and we will be happy to cancel and refund the reservation.
Why vehicle moves happen
Vehicle moves can happen for several reasons, such as:
- Issues with the car’s location, such as road closures, suspended bays or because of on-site construction
- The vehicle requires an unexpected service booking due to a flat tyre, flat battery, or similar problem
- The car is returned late or left in the wrong location by another member
If an unforeseen issue with a reservation occurs, we make every effort to book you into another available car in the area. If we’re unable to find another suitable option for you, we’ll cancel your reservation with as much notice as possible and refund you in full. Please note if you cancel your membership, any trips scheduled after your plan expires will be cancelled.
The Zipcar mobile app and and website can be used to view vehicles at other locations which may be available.