Leaving the airport
When landing at T5 and considering using Flex to get back to the Zipzone, here's what to do:
- When you're within 15 minutes of exiting the terminal (such as waiting for your bags), open the Zipcar app and reserve an available Flex car. They'll appear in the app within the Short Stay Car Park directly opposite the Terminal 5 building
- Follow the signs within the terminal to the Avis Budget area on Level 4 of the car park
- Upon arriving at Level 4, you'll see several spaces clearly marked with green Zipcar flags in the back-right hand corner- check the number plate to see which one you've reserved
- Unlock with the app as usual and set off on your journey home
- The exit barriers will open without a ticket as the number plate will be automatically recognised
- Remember, you can only drop off in the Zipzone, so double check before you drive that you will be parking in the right area (this can be seen easily in the app)
An airport fee of £7.50 will be added to your account within three working days if your Flex trip started or ended at Heathrow T5.
For further information on the Flex service at Heathrow please click here.
*This is a pilot programme and we are working closely with Heathrow Airport to refine the service. As a result, the specifics of how it is operated may be subject to change over time.