Zipcar logo

Can I drive my Zipcar out of mainland UK?

To take a vehicle outside of mainland UK, you MUST be in possession of a ‘vehicle-on-hire’ certificate for the duration of your trip. All requests to take a Zipcar abroad need to be made with at least 7 days’ notice of the proposed trip and have to be approved before you are legally able to take a vehicle out of the UK. Please be aware that Zipcar holds the right to decline requests. If you are thinking of taking a Zipcar abroad, please email, detailing which country you’ll be travelling to, specific dates and duration of the trip.

Countries requiring a VOH certificate

All EU/EEA member states: All EU/EEA member states: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.

As well as: Albania, Andorra, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Russian Federation, Serbia, Switzerland, Turkey* and Ukraine.

A VOH is not required for travel to the Isle of Wight.

* Following recent introduction of new rules on car rental in Turkey, only members who have registered in Turkey are able to make reservations in Turkey.

Was this article helpful?
Have more questions? Submit a request